Monday, September 27, 2010

Its nights like that...

ATTENTION: exactly 63 days from now I will be starting my journey to becoming a cosmetologist. As the day gets closer and closer my nerves begin to shake me more and more. After getting my hair cut at Aveda the other day, I started getting worried. What if I don't do well. What if I don't fit it. Will I make friends? Will I succeed and become the person I've dreamed of being. This past weekend my best friend and I found ourselves in the hallway of a loft in downtown Athens discussing our future and the next step in our lives. She is close to getting the credits she needs to transfer and she shares the same fears I do. Once I go to a different school... Will I make friends? It seems that no matter what school one goes to, one of the biggest concerns is whether or not friends will be made. Yes we should be concentrating on getting out of the school but if you really think about it, friends are what get you through. Friends are what make the biggest difference in your experience. If you don't have friends then school seems almost unbearable. I have faith that both her and I though will be able to find people that we get along with and make it out of school in no time. :]

This past weekend was that same friends birthday. We had a pre party on thursday night, friday night we had a girls dinner at the Wasabi House and then she and I met up with the guys and headed to the lake. We spent that night talking out on the dock mixed in with random dance sessions and singing as loud as we could. It was for sure a good night. The next day we relaxed on the boat and Daniel went tubbing for the first time and loved it :] after that we got ready and headed to athens for megs official party. It was a long night and had a few bumps in it but other than that it was so much fun. After a long weekend with amazing friends I am quiet exhausted and ready for some relaxing nights of gossip girl, glee, modern family, and of course jersey shore :]

I spend most of my time at work on the internet stalking facebook, reading random yahoo news articles, and looking through random blogs and what not. Sometimes I am puzzled by certain things I read. It seems that some people try to be too intellectual and misunderstood but it doesn't seem to flow right. I respect everyone that writes and I love reading how people write. I for one write like I talk which for some seems juvenile but its the best way I can express myself. When I read some people talking like 40 year old philosophers, I can't help but laugh a little; it just seems a bit silly that kids my age think they are so misunderstood and so insightful but in reality we are barely adults, how much insight do you really have on the world..... how misunderstood can you really be...We are the most predictable generation in my opinion. We talk, we dress, we act how trends, magazines, and media tell us to. We are all striving for a voice and diversity yet we cling to trends. You say that you are so different, you dress weird to turn heads and make statements, you write like you are so misunderstood and intellectual but you are not different cause there are thousands of others EXACLY like you. Youve gotta love Generation Me, the generation of wannabe hipsters.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment